Thursday, February 11, 2016

Blue Tansy, Roman Chamomile and the Blue Oils

The Blue Oils
One thing that boggled my mind recently was the difference between blue tansy and tansy. It was apparent to me that they were not at all the same plant. Once I started researching it, I learned that it gets even more confusing. Blue tansy (Tanacetum annuum) is also often referred to as blue Moroccan chamomile. But Moroccan chamomile (Ormenis multicaulis) is something totally different than blue Moroccan chamomile. Blue tansy is an herb that produces blue oil. Some of the other oils that are blue include German chamomile (Matricaria recutica), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), and yarrow(Achillea millefolium). All of these oils are closely related as they are from the Asteraceae plant family.


So why blue tansy? It is in some of the blends we love such as Deep Blue (soothing blend) and Balance (grounding blend). We use Deep Blue for bruising, sore muscles, arthritis, headaches, inflammation and fibromyalgia so it only makes sense that it includes blue tansy that aides in rheumatism, inflammation, sciatica, asthma, nerve sedation, and in skincare. Blue tansy is also an analgesic, meaning that it relieves pain. Blue tansy may also lower blood pressure. This may be because it relieves tension and pain that lead to heightened blood pressure.


We put Deep Blue on our dog after a long hike or run. It helps relieve his sore muscles and he is sleeping in no time. My mom uses it on her hands to sooth them from the effects of arthritis and my partner and I both use it to relieve sore muscles and back pain.


My favorite of the blue tansy blends is balance though. Balance helps me to achieve a feeling of composure and emotional grounding. The blue tansy in it helps to cleanse the liver and calm the lymphatic system. I have sensitive nerves so I can tell a big difference when I use Balance. I am not so jumpy and I respond to things in a more even and relaxed way. Like Deep Blue, it is very good for bones and muscles as well. Apply 2-3 drops on your spine for comfort. Using this oil on your feet on reflex points is also very beneficial. To balance your right and left brain hemispheres, you can apply to fingertips and tub into temples. Balance can also be worn as a perfume or diffused for aromatherapy benefits. I have a diffuser necklace that is similar to a locket that allows me to enjoy essential oil benefits for several hours throughout the day. I just drop a few drops on a tiny cotton ball and clasp it shut.


If you would like to learn more about how essential oils can improve your life, please visit my business page. http://www.mydoterra.com/mjweidow/#/

1 comment:


  1. Nice post and the information you shared is really useful. Use some more natural oils Chekku Oil in Bangalore for the strong life.

    ReplyDelete